Whether you want to get your business back up and running, or to support staff wellbeing, effective anti-viral fogging makes sense.
- It is fast and safe and disinfects a whole area
- Office spaces ready to re-enter just one hour after completion of fogging
- With correct office spacing of over 2m between employees, social distancing in all common areas, regular disinfection of high touch areas and fogging and spraying of surfaces, you are doing what you can to keep your employees safe and healthy.
What is Bio Fogging?
Fogging is a method of delivering chemicals to an area to create what looks like fog in a room or indoor space. It is an effective way to disinfect high up horizontal surfaces, hard to reach areas that are often missed or forgotten, and small and confined spaces. It can also be effective at disinfecting vertical surfaces. Fogging is ideal for deep cleaning office and industrial environments and is best done in an evening or a weekend once the site is closed.
Calibre Cleaning carry out fogging using Safezone Plus Virucidal which passes EN14476 and is effective against Coronavirus (Covid-19) when in contact with surfaces for 5 minutes. Safezone Plus is an unperfumed liquid virucidal disinfectant which is safe to use and is not dangerous for the environment. COSSH data sheets are available prior to the start of work.
Chlorine-based products, aka hypochlorite’s or bleach, have been recommended as an effective Covid-19 control, with the use of 1000 parts per million (dilution rate). As there is a potential for damage to surfaces by using these types of product for areas outside of healthcare, the recommendation from WHO and PHE is to use a virucidal disinfectant
How Fogging Works
Fogging is part of a recommended 2-stage process to sanitise indoor spaces.
Before fogging starts, we complete a site-specific risk assessment to identify the position of smoke alarms, electrical items, and soft furnishings.
Stage One is physical cleaning of all surfaces to remove soiling, dust, lint, etc upon which chemicals will land if they are not removed. This means wiping desks, sills, cabinets and shelves with Safezone Plus or a bactericidal spray and vacuuming floors. It is essential to clean before fogging as disinfectant is only fully effective when cleaning has taken place first – if the surfaces are not clean the disinfectants can be deactivated by organic matter/dirt.
Stage Two: Fogging commences:
- The area must be cleared of all personnel and period of exclusion explained
- Smoke alarm sensors should be isolated or covered.
- Extractor fans and air conditioning units must be switched off
- Electrical equipment should be disconnected or covered where practical
- Check and extinguish naked flames
- Close doors and windows
- Apply fog in even bands ensuring all areas have been covered
- Close the area for a minimum of 1 hour or overnight
- Open windows or turn on air conditioning
- Reconnect/uncover smoke alarms and electrical equipment
How much will it Cost
Fogging uses specialised equipment and is carried out by our trained operators with appropriate PPE. Efficient preparation is the key to success. We conduct a full site survey before work starts to ensure that when fogging takes place, it is effective and safe. The costs detailed below are indicative and based upon the volume of the room and the fogging time. Vat applies. Please call for a personalised quote for your building/s.
Maintaining a safe building during the COVID-19 pandemic means clients may need to increase cleaning frequencies with more attention to touch points such as door handles, desks, phones, computers, mouse, calculators, etc, and washrooms and high footfall areas.
Remember, a building is only as clean as its last clean. A sneeze or a cough from an infected person could contaminate surfaces…….hence the need for increased frequency.
For advice on cleaning, effective products, fogging and much more, Call us on 01233 840972